Thursday, October 9, 2008

being, really

as i watch the headlines, i get troubled. the fast-paced evolution we have been witnessing is mind-boggling. we are in a time of change - evolution. that’s good, right? or is it?

speed is about the only relevance found, these days. no time or space for just being [what's that?!?] for be-coming. personal growth? on your own time. family time? on the week-ends, if there is, time.

mind-puzzling. yet we see more and more incidence of mental health issues, body struggles… body and mind are compromised - let alone the soul. [soul? what's that?]

i find that the faster i go, the more i lose myself - lose contact with my higher-self - the essence of who i am. my archetype [in other words]. so i find myself acting too fast, in the fast lane, with another self. “life is a highway, i wanna ride it all night long…” (Tom Cochran)

well, night becomes morning, eventually. and maybe i’m just waking up to a new day with a darn headache. i don’t want to “burn the candle by the two ends” [as we say in french]. i want to be. myself. on my own.

is that a possibility, even?


No comments: